How to Choose BSNL Number of Your Choice and Buy BSNL SIM Card Online
If you want to Buy a BSNL SIM card online, here is a complete guide on choosing your own BSNL mobile number online and how you can buy that reserved bsnl number.
If I’m not wrong, BSNL is the only company offering public users to choose their own mobile number online. So if you have any specific requirement in the mobile number, you can easily choose such a number with the BSNL website.
Get Indian Tech Updates!
Get Indian tech updates, news, software updates, deals & more. Subscribe now.
BSNL currently offering two type of mobile number picking option on their website.
One is Regualar mobile number and another option is Fancy mobile numbers.
For both those option, you have to follow the same process to reserve the mobile number. The only difference is its Price.
How to Choose Your Own BSNL Mobile Number Online:
1) First Visit BSNL Official Choose Your Mobile Number website
2)Choose your Zone and Your State. Currently, BSNL offering all the below states/zones to purchase their sim card with the number of their choice
Currently Supported Zones:
Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Chennai, Tamilnadu, Karnataka
Haryana, Punjab, Upwest, Himachalpradesh, Rajasthan, Uttaranchal, Jammu-And-Kashmir, UP East
Andaman & Nicobar, Calcutta, North East, Orissa, Assam, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Bihar
Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhyapradesh
In my case I need to pick “Karnataka“.
3) Now fill the Captcha correctly and click Continue button
4) Here you will find two types of numbers.
a) Choice Numbers
b) Fancy Numbers (Fixed Price)
In this page you need to pick the bsnl number of your choice.
5) To reserve the number, select the number you like by clicking on that number and click “Reserve Number” option
6) Now it will ask your current mobile number to send PIN. Enter your number (not selected number) and hit “Submit”
7) Now you will receive PIN No on your mobile number. Enter the PIN No to reserve your selected number.
NOTE: If you activated DND on your number, then you won’t receive PIN No. Make sure you remove your DND to get SMS.
All my numbers are DND activated so I cannot proceed from this step. I leave the rest of the process unupdated.
6. In the next step enter the PIN which you received on your mobile phone in confirmation box and click submit
7. You will get a confirmation message saying
Your Request Has Been Processed Successfully…!
Please Fill the Application Form To speed up the Activation Process…
8. Once you click the OK button, you will be prompted with a pop-up box like this. In this, you have to enter the PIN which you have received on your mobile (Step 6) and the mobile number where you have received the PIN number (step 5) and click Submit
9. Now you will get the application form. Fill all the entries with appropriate details and click submit button
10. Once you fill the form, you will get a preview of the application form you have filled. If you made any mistake, click the back button and correct the mistakes
11. Once you have done the above steps, you see the message like
Congratulations, You Have Successfully updated your profile Information, Please Click on ‘Continue’ to get your Application…!
Please Submit a photo copy of this Application along with Proofs at your nearest BSNL CSC/Franchisee/Retailer.
Click on Continue button
12. In the new window, you will get a filled application form. Right-click on that page and select the “Save As” option, and save the page. Now take the printout of this application form to your nearest BSNL Office with Photo, ID proof, and money.
13. On the spot (in BSNL office) they will provide BSNL number of your choice (which you have chosen in online).
That’s it. This is how you can buy BSNL SIM card online with a number of your choice.
If you are looking to buy Vanity/Fancy/Premium Numbers from BSNL, you can buy from the BSNL e-Auction site.
useful post i am searching for.