Shorten your url with Adding Password to it
Sometimes it is necessary to shorten some long url into tiny url. When you search on Google you may find plenty of url shortner service. Some of the famous url shorten service are tinyurl.com and bit.ly as we all know it. But both the url Shortener service doesn’t provide security to protect it from visiting others. It is always better to share some confidential information with people you know, on that time we may need to use Password Protect url. Trickly is the only service available to password protect the shortened url.
Before writing this post I searched for few website which can helps us to shorten url with password protect option. I found few website, but all the website which I found to password protect url shortner are not available today. The only website which can helps you to shorten and password protect is Trick.ly.
Using Trick.ly to Shorten and Password Protect url:
- Visit http://trick.ly/ to shorten your long url and to protect that url with password
- In the URL column enter your long url (http://www.ashout.com) to shorten that url.
- In Password field enter your password to protect that original url redirection
- In Clue field give some clue about that password, so that only people who know about you can access the original url (http://www.ashout.com)
- The last step is just click Shorten button, you’re done!. In the next step you will get small url with password protecting the original url.
In the above process, I have chosen long url as http://www.ashout.com/ and after shortening it with trick.ly short url service the long url converted into short url i.e http://trick.ly/3k5 with password protecting original url.
To know how trick.ly works just visit http://trick.ly/3k5 after visiting that short url it will ask you to enter password giving clue about the password. Only when the person/visitor enter the valid password (ashout) as provided in the 1st step, then only trick.ly redirect to the original url i.e http://www.ashout.com/ . If the user provided the wrong password then trick.ly won’t redirect.
SECURITY TIP: Never provide the password which you use to login some main services (gmail).